Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Just Because...

Hello Everyone!   Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

For me, one of the best things about being a crafter is the excitement you get to experience when someone receives your project.  Now that my husband is spending most of his life in the hospital and I have more free time, my goal is to send a weekly "just because" card to someone in my life.  This week, I will be sending a card to my mother.

I am extremely blessed to have such a close relationship with my mother.  If you ask one of my family members, they would say that my mother and I are two peas in a pod.  And one of the best things about our relationship is that we share a favorite hobby together.  Yes, my mother is my partner in crime card-making!  We often spend hours in our local crafting store or trying a new technique at home together.  Sometimes we only finish one card, but no matter what, we always have such a great time coming up with new ideas together.  This inspired the card I made today {close your eyes mom!}.



I love elephants, so I knew I needed the Bella with Friends stamp by Wild Rose Studio as soon as I saw it.  I started the card by stamping the scene in gray ink.  I used copics to color the elephants and butterflies.  For the grass, I wanted more of a watercolor appearance, so I colored the grass with Inktense Pencils.  Here's a closer look:


I wanted to add more movement and dimension to the scene, so I used distress inks to create a cloudy background.  I think the sentiment is perfect for my mom because of the special time we get to spend together doing something we both love!  Love ya mom!

Mom and I after my husband's graduation
That's all I have for today.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting :)

-Allison





1 comment

  1. Aww, that is so sweet Allison! I'm sure that your mom will love your card! I really like the cloud background that you created, too! :)

    ReplyDelete