Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Distress Marker Background

Hello Everyone!  Today I wanted to share with you a few cards that I made this week using distress markers as a background.  The first card is for my husband's birthday.  I knew I wanted to do something colorful for his card and here's what I created:


I used several distress markers to create a rainbow background for the PTI birthday die cut and border.  My husband really likes turtles, so I knew I had to get this little guy as soon as I saw this Lawn Fawn set in stores.  I colored the turtle with some distress markers and added some stickles to the party hat.  I finished the card with a PTI balloon die cut and pink lemonade twine.  

I am always surprised by how much supplies I usually have left over after a project.  I had plenty of the rainbow background left and no plans for the day.  Well, what's a crafter to do...make more cards!  Here's what I came up with:





I just love coming up with different ways to use scraps from previous cards.  I am definitely going to think about materials and future projects before throwing them in the trash.  

Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Crafting!

-Allison
  

1 comment