Saturday, June 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Card!

Hi Everyone!  Sorry for the lack of posts recently, but it has been a very busy time for my family right now.  My husband is about to start his internal medicine residency program.  We are very fortunate that we both have time off and we have been spending a lot of time together before he gets too busy with his program.  Of course, I still found time to take a SLIGHT detour on one of our day trips to a stamping store where I found a very cute beehive stamp.  I used the stamp to help create a card for a friend's birthday.




I used the Flower Bursts Pattern by Hero Arts to create the background for this card.  After embossing the background, I added bright color with Shaded Lilac and Pickled Raspberry Distress Inks.  I colored the beehive and bees with copics and adhered them with foam tape to create dimension in the scene.  

I am playing along with Lawnscaping Challenge this week.  It is all about creating dimension with your project.





Hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

-Allison


3 comments

  1. so sweet! your background is so full of inky dimension - I love it! thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that background you created - it is so cool!!!! Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet birthday card!! Love that flowery background!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete