Sunday, June 2, 2013

Graduation Card

I have a rather large family, so the beginning of the summer usually starts off with graduations.  This year, we had three graduations to celebrate.  My sister-in-law graduating from law school, my husband graduating medical school, and my niece graduating from high school.  You could say we have been a little busy lately.  Because of all of these exciting events, I've had a great excuse to do lots of cardmaking.

Today I made a card for my niece's high school graduation.  The card is stamped with one of the stamps from the Irresistibly Ikat stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  This is one of my go-to stamp sets.  It is extremely versatile and can be used for just about any occasion.  I stamped the pattern with alternating colors of Dew Drop ink in Aquatic Splash, Pink Grapefruit, and Nautical Blue.  I am really happy with the color combination as it reminds me of summer and my sweet niece.  




The pattern is stamped on Whisper White and mounted on Basic Gray cardstock from Stampin' Up.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, which is a great sentiment set to own.  


This week, I'll be playing along with the CAS-ual Friday Challenge to create a clean and simple congratulations card!


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

-Allison 


4 comments

  1. Gorgeous color combination! And welcome to blog land!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors and super trendy stamps! Love this card! I am so glad you could share this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your stamping is fantastic! I love the color combination you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that set, and the colors you used are spot on! Thanks for joining the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete