Saturday, December 6, 2014

Two Cards Featuring Simon Says Stamp Stitched Square Dies

Hello friends!  Happy December!  I can't believe it is already December and so close to Christmas! Where has the year gone?  Today I have two cards to share with you that I made from the new Simon Says Stamp Stitched Squares Dies from the "In Stitches" release.  One of the many things that makes these dies so awesome and unique is that the dies have stitches on both sides of the cut line.  How fun!

I love making Christmas cards and think these dies would make a great shaker card, but decided I needed more non-holiday cards.  Here are the two cards I created using these dies:



I started by making a background using  Lawn Fawn's Interlocking Background stamp.  I embossed the pattern in gold and then colored random areas with different shades of pink copics.  I then used the stitched square die on the patterned paper and white cardstock for the two cards.

For the first card, I embossed the sentiment from Mama Elephant's Make A Wish stamp set in gold.  I kept it simple and added a few gold stars.  


 

I just love how the stitched edges line up!



For the second card, I used the super adorable stamps and coordinating dies from You Are Pawesome by SSS.  I added touches of gold embossing on the balloons and sentiment to match the background.  




I used vellum with the same stitched die cut to soften the background for this card. 




Hope you enjoyed this post and have a great weekend!

-Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment