Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow Day

Hello everyone!  Hope you are having a great week so far!  I woke up so excited for the "snow storm" that was suppose to hit our area, but so far, it has not been very impressive.  Oh well...I'm still treating it as a snow day :)

I want to share with you a card I made with a stencil I recently purchased at a local craft store. 


For this card, I used the vintage lace stencil (Christy Tomlinson) and started by inking the stencil with peacock feathers and dusty concord distress inks.  I felt the colors needed to be softened, so I added iced spruce to help blend the colors.  I could have played with this stencil for hours!  Lately, I've seen so many amazing projects using stencils and I think I'm going to take the Stenciled Online Card Class to learn some new techniques.  

So back to the card...I colored a butterfly die cut (Memory box) with teal copics.  I used plum cardstock for the card base and embossed the sentiment (Papertrey Ink's Mini Blooms) on kraft cardstock.  Here's a closer look:


 Well that's all I have for today...thanks for stopping by and I hope those of you who are getting snow have a fun and safe snow day!

-Allison 

1 comment

  1. What a cool look you created! I love the idea of toning down the color with iced spruce-- I'll have to remember that tip! Great card, Allison!

    ReplyDelete